It's Friday morning and we are waiting for Gypsies to be splashed back into the water - we got hauled out on Tuesday morning and it has been an utter whirlwind since then. I know everyone says this, but it really is a traumatic thing to watch your home being hauled first up out of the water by a tiny little lift (OK not so tiny but it sure feels that way when you see it)
So far the haul out has gone very well - in three days Gypsies' keel, bow thruster and running gear (props, shafts, etc) were powerwashed, scraped of all offending clinging barnacles
The boat kitties are also very ready to head south
Depending on what time we launch will determine how far we get today - we're just going to head the pointy end of Gypsies south down the ICW and see how far we can get. Ultimately we want to get to Miami by Saturday night so we can do an outside passage down to the Keys on Sunday when the weather is supposed to get better! Ideally we would love to go outside on the ocean tomorrow to avoid the fifty million (or so) bridges that crisscross the freakin' Florida ICW (most of which are less than 20 feet tall and thus have to be opened for us to go through - and in Florida they almost all open only twice an hour so you have to time them or you can end up waiting 1/2 hour - UGH!!!) but I don't think Mother Nature is going to cooperate with our desires - now there's a shocker!! If she doesn't, I guess we'll just have to take our chill pill tomorrow morning and deal with it - Gypsies is sleek and clean, and we and the boat kitties at least will be back on the water where we belong - life could be a lot worse!!! We could still be up in New England dealing with snow!!! or without the help of our friends, we could be spending another week or so on the hard!!!
Click here to see our location at Seminole Marine.
Happy Birthday, Dee Dee!!!
3 days ago